Garden by the Sea - Personal Garden Rental Agreement - Rules and Regulations
1. Gardeners may begin working in their assigned plots within 2 weeks of opening day, Plots must be cleared from all plants and weeds by season end February 1, 2019 or be charged a clean-up fee bill of $25.00. The Refundable $25.00 clean-up fee will be collected from you at the time of your rental fee of $25.00 per garden.
2. GBTS is an organic gardening program. Use of pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and chemical fertilizers is strictly forbidden. Use of raw human or animal waste is not allowed due to health concerns.
3. Gardeners are responsible for weeding, planting, watering, litter pick up and at the end of the growing season and the clean up of their plots. Vegetable or Flower material waste will be chopped before placing in compost bin. Weeds & litter must be taken home for disposal. Do not compost or leave in the garden for others to pick up.
4. When composting plant material you must follow the composting guidelines listed. Chopping, turning and wetting but not soaking. Refer to the composting handout or the posted literature in the garden.
5. The garden is to be used for recreational gardening, growing vegetables and flowers for yourself, family or group use. However, excess produce and flowers may be harvested by our local food bank volunteers with your verbal or written permission prior to harvest days. Call us for their harvest calendar days.
6. Gardening for commercial purposes (for profit) is not allowed.
7. Gardeners must be considerate of neighboring plots. Plants, vines and vegetation must be contained within the boundaries of one’s garden plot. Harvest only from your assigned plot. Weeding around the outside of your garden and pathway must be done in order to keep pest and slugs away.
8. To prevent the blocking of sunlight to neighboring plots, no solid structure taller than 2 feet is permitted without prior approval from GBTS. Trellis or ladders are fine.
9. No illegal plants may be grown, including any plants listed by the Washington State Weed Control Board as noxious weeds. See their web page at: http://www.nwcb.wa.gov/weed_list/weed_list.htm.
10. Water spigots will be supplied by GBTS for the entire community garden to utilize. Hoses may be used but must be rolled up after use. Watering cans are also available. Please make sure water is turned off when you are finished. Please report any water leaks to Sushila Ravard, (360) 593-8720 or email@example.com
11. Garden equipment such as shovels, rakes, hand tools, gloves, wheel barrows or composting tools must be cleaned and returned to the shed or designated area after use. Please be sure to re-lock the shed properly and close gates upon exiting.
12. If you want someone, not listed on the plot application, to work your plot or pick your vegetables when you are sick or away, give this person written permission and notify us by email or phone.
13. If you witness garden theft or vandalism, please call “911” or Ocean Shores Police non-emergency at (360) 533-8765. Garden by the Sea is not responsible for the loss of garden products and/or produce.
14. Dogs, cats, and other animals are not allowed in the garden area except for certified service animals on a leash with current tags that are visible.
15. Children under 12 years old in the garden area must be supervised by an adult at all times.
16. No profanity, yelling, loud music, fires, firearms, No Smoking allowed or vehicles are allowed in the garden area.
17. Gardeners who have not maintained their plots or met the gardening guidelines, will be notified and given 7 days to remedy the situation. If the issue is not resolved within the time period or a secondary breach of rules occurs, access to the gardener’s plot will be forfeited. No refund will be given.
18. At the end of the season, gardeners agree to return their plot to its original condition. Spring plot assignments will be on a first come, first served basis with people at the top of the waiting list served first.
19. Each gardener will complete a short orientation after signing up for their garden and will be given a choice of weeding and watering a portion of the common areas in the community garden to care for during the growing season.
I have read the above rules and agree to abide by them.
_______ Check here if you are interested in donating your excess veggies to our OS Food Bank on Harvest Days (twice a month)
(NOT VALID without the addition of a signed release form)
Assigned Area of Weeding & Watering _______________________________________________________
Witnessed by ___________________________________
Paid By Check_______ Cash________ Amount___________